I don’t watch a lot of television, but I do have a couple of favorites one is The Bachelor. As I was watching The Bachelor, I almost got a little teary-eyed as I wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to experience true love. I had a little pep-talk with myself as I always do whenever this feeling comes over me.
So, here’s what I tell myself:
- Sharalyn, you would much rather be single than attached to the wrong person.
- Everyone in a relationship isn’t happy. Some are, but some aren’t.
- Everything isn’t what it appears.
- You would rather wait on the perfect person for you than to settle.
- Any man can be a provider, but you can do that for yourself. There is certainly much more required for my husband than to simply provide.
- My husband should be emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally, and financially available.
- This may not be the right time for you or your future husband to be together. If we got together prematurely, the relationship with the “perfect person for me” could be ruined.
- There may be some things within me that need to be worked out prior to me becoming involved with someone and the same for him.
- Your focus right now should be on adding value to others and becoming the best person you can be.
- Be appreciative of the support you have from the awesome people in your life.
- Become the person you want to attract.
- Just stay focused on the big picture. When you are truly ready, love will come. Until then, love, date and value yourself.
- You can be in a relationship and still be lonely and you definitely don’t want that.
How do you stay mentally tough? Comment below!
VfinesApril 28, 2018 at 5:05 pm
These words are beautiful. I stay mentally tough when I think of the guys I have been involved with in the past. I was not treated well and was very unhappy. When I think about it , it usually turns my mood from being sad to thankful. I say to my self that I am happy now. I deserve better and God is crafting Mr. right just for me.
Comments are closed.